[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Need for libxml2-dev in order to compile liblouisxml

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:17:06 +0100

Thank you very much. Problem solved.

Bert
Op 18-dec-09, om 14:30 heeft Michael Whapples het volgende geschreven:

Debian packages are for the debian operating system, they aren't for MacOSX. Install libxml2 from source. The only case where I think you would use a debian package on a mac is if you installed debian as another operating system.

Michael Whapples
On 18/12/09 13:25, John J. Boyer wrote:
Bert,

Welcome to the list. I think you should get the source for libxml2 and build it on your Macbook. The Debian package is probably unsuitable. I have an older Mac that runs liblouisxml. Let us know if you have further
problems.

John

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 02:08:44PM +0100, Bert Frees wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to compile liblouisxml on my macbook, but I get stuck on an
error:

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package
requirements (liblouis, libxml-2.0) were not met:
No package 'libxml-2.0' found

I allready got the libxml2 library, but after a quick google i found
out that i need the debian package "libxml2-dev". The problem i
encounter now is:

/sw/bin/dpkg: error processing libxml2-dev_2.7.6.dfsg-1_i386.deb (--
install):
 package architecture (i386) does not match system (darwin-i386)

I'm new to the concept of debian packages so this may be a silly
question. But does this mean there is no way i can install liblouisxml
on my mac?

Kind regards
Bert Frees