[liblouis-liblouisxml] Need for libxml2-dev in order to compile liblouisxml

  • From: Bert Frees <Bert.Frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:08:44 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to compile liblouisxml on my macbook, but I get stuck on an error:

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements (liblouis, libxml-2.0) were not met:
No package 'libxml-2.0' found

I allready got the libxml2 library, but after a quick google i found out that i need the debian package "libxml2-dev". The problem i encounter now is:

/sw/bin/dpkg: error processing libxml2-dev_2.7.6.dfsg-1_i386.deb (-- install):
 package architecture (i386) does not match system (darwin-i386)

I'm new to the concept of debian packages so this may be a silly question. But does this mean there is no way i can install liblouisxml on my mac?

Kind regards
Bert Frees