[liblouis-liblouisxml] Multipass opcodes, strings and backslashes

  • From: Michał Bałamut <mb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:11:01 +0200

Hi,
I have attached a patch for another bug.
When matching a string in multipass opcodes, it was impossible to use a single
backslash as the last matched character.
"\" and "\\" produced an error "unterminated string", and "\\\" matched only
two consecutive backslashes.
My solution is not very good, as now in order to match a single backslash at
the end of string you need to type "\\\". It could also break existing tables,
if someone previously used "\\\" to match 2 backslashes, but I searched all
tables and such string was never used.
Better fix would require some redesigning of the way strings are processed.

regards,
MB