[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Missing set of characters in 8-dot cahracter tables

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:28:45 +0200

Hi Birkir

Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am working off of the German 8-dot table (hope that is ok, it is
> clear, well formatted and well organized).

It was done by Christian Waldvogel. I'll try to pass on your praise :-)

> There symbols between ascii/1252 values 128 and 160 seem to be missing
> or redefined for a different purpose (this include the Euro sign,
> dagger, double dagger etc).

> Is there a reason for this, is it only for the German version or are
> these codes excluded because of LibLouis functionality?

I can't tell you why Christian commented these out. Maybe he thought
they were't needed. He's on vacation right now, otherwise he would
answer.

> If so, how do I redefine symbols like the Euro sign etc?

I would presume that you could just uncomment the respective lines as it
seems to be done in other tables. Grep for "euro" or "dagger" in the
tables directory (or see
http://www.google.com/codesearch?as_q=dagger&btnG=Search+Code&hl=en&as_lang=&as_license_restrict=i&as_license=&as_package=http%3A%2F%2Fliblouis\.googlecode\.com&as_filename=utb&as_case=).

Hope that helps