[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Licensing of liblouis tools and xml2brl

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:38:12 +0200

Hi all

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 10:12 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I agree in general. Despite my dislike of the GPL I think it is phobably
> the best way to go for the tools and xml2brl now.

Am I correct in my assumption that this means that the copyright
holders, i.e. the two Johns agree to change the license of the tools to
GPL?

Specifically we are talking about changing the license to GPL for the
following files:

liblouis/tools/lou_allround.c
liblouis/tools/lou_checkhyphens.c
liblouis/tools/lou_checktable.c
liblouis/tools/lou_debug.c
liblouis/tools/lou_translate.c
liblouisxml/tools/xml2brl.c

If so then I will go ahead and integrate gnulib with the tools and add
the changes for improved option parsing and man page generation.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired