[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LibLouis table for six-dot Esperanto

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Aaron Cannon <cannona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:57:44 +0100

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the updated table.

Some modifications have been made to make the table somewhat smaller.
Please test the attached table.

Also can you answer these questions:
1. should this table replace the existing one?
2. if not, can we have the corrections for the 8 dots as well, so that we can
make a distinction between the 6 dots and 8 dots tables,
presumably it is not just the representation of digits that is different?

Thank you,
Mesar
On Mon 09/07/12,03:33, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I am forwarding this table to the liblouis-liblouisuxl list. Team
> members will check it and add it to the repository.
>
> John
>
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 12:37:30PM -0500, Aaron Cannon wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > With assistance from the members of the International League of Blind
> > Esperantists, I have created a six-dot braille table for Esperanto
> > Braille.  The table currently distributed uses 8-dot Braille and has a
> > few errors in punctuation.
> >
> > I have attached the table to this email.
> >
> > Thanks for all your work and please let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Aaron

> Abilitiessoft, Inc.
> http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> Madison, Wisconsin USA

# liblouis Text Table - Esperanto
# Copyright (C) 1995-2008 by The BRLTTY Developers.
# Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
#
# Based on the document from Mus�e national de l'Espéranto à Gray
# "Maison pour tous", 19 rue Victor Hugo 70100 GRAY
# esperanto-muzeo@xxxxxxxxxx
#
# Updated and corrected for LibLouis and 6-dot Braille by
# Aaron Cannon <cannona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
# with kind assistance from the members of
# The International league of Blind Esperantists (LIBE)
# http://libe.narzan.com/
# July 7, 2012

numsign 3456  number sign
capsign 46
begcaps 46-46
endcaps 46-3
space \s 0              SPACE
prepunc " 236
postpunc " 356
punctuation ! 235               EXCLAMATION MARK
punctuation ' 3         APOSTROPHE
punctuation ( 2356              LEFT PARENTHESIS
punctuation ) 2356              RIGHT PARENTHESIS
punctuation , 2         COMMA
punctuation - 36                HYPHEN-MINUS
punctuation . 256               FULL STOP
punctuation : 25                COLON
punctuation ; 23                SEMICOLON
punctuation ? 26                QUESTION MARK
include digits6Dots.uti
include latinLetterDef6Dots.uti
uplow \x0108\x0109 146          LATIN LETTER C WITH CIRCUMFLEX
uplow \x011C\x011D 12456                LATIN LETTER G WITH CIRCUMFLEX
uplow \x0124\x0125 1256         LATIN LETTER H WITH CIRCUMFLEX
uplow \x0134\x0135 2456         LATIN LETTER J WITH CIRCUMFLEX
uplow \x015C\x015D 2346         LATIN LETTER S WITH CIRCUMFLEX
uplow \x016C\x016D 346          LATIN LETTER U WITH BREVE
punctuation \x00a0 0            NO-BREAK SPACE