[liblouis-liblouisxml] Java Bindings

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:59:06 -0500

As stated previously, I am using JNI (Java Native Interface) to make the
bindings for the libraries. This requires writing a small C program with
the entry points that Java expects. I am thinking of making this part of
the main shared library. This should not cause any problems even if Java
is not innstalled, since all it does is define additional entry points
and some code for handling them. There wil be a java subdirectory. I'm
trying to decide whether to place the C code in this directory, which
would be logical, or in the liblouisutdml directory, where it can be
easily linked withthe other modules. This depends on whether the
repositories, either svn or mercurial, can handle symbolic links. I
assume that make can. Any suggestions will be appreiated.