[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Introduction

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 08:36:28 -0500

It's great to see interest in liblouis from South Africa.

The place to start looking for information on liblouis and
liblouisutdml is at http://www.liblouis.org . The liblouis documentation
is good, but it is a reference manual. We are trying to come up with
tutorials. The liblouisutdml documentation is incomplete and out of
date.

There are many liblouis table experts on this list who can help with
developing the tables for the various South African languages.

You may also want to look at BrailleBlaster, an application with a GUI
interface. It is under intensive development and will eventually be a
complete Braille production tool. Go to http://www.brailleblaster.org .
It is cross-platform and currently runs on Windows and Mac. A Linux
version is planned.

John

start finding