[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Icelandic files or LibLouis (please see attached files, I am assmuming they will be allowed through)

  • From: Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:28:10 +0000

Hi guys

One thing that I did not see in the chapter on making translation tables.
The has sign "#" is used to comment out lines if it is the first character.
However, if I understand the text correctly, if it is not the first non-blank
character in a line it does not denote a comment.
Is there any character that can be used for commenting in-line (I like to put
the name of the symbol I am defining in a comment after the definition itself,
but it appears I cannot do so unless I put it on the line above).
In other words
# This is a comment
UpLow Þþ 12467,1246 # This is not a comment.

Also, just to clarify, if I define the upper and lower case of a character with
the uplow command in the 8 dot file. Can I then include it in the 6-dot file
and define the capslock sign in that file, and that's all I have to do.

Example:
In 8DotFile

Uplow Þþ 12467,1246

In 6 dot file
Include 8DotFile

CapslockSign 6 # now, þ is recognized as 1246 and Þ is 1246 with dot 6 for
upper csae

Would this mean that þ is recognized correctly in the 6 dot file, or do I have
to do

Uplow Þþ 6-1246,1246 # 6 dot uper case and lower case.

I have 10 Icelandic characters to deal with here, so want to make sure I do
this correctly and efficiently. :)

Otherwise this seems fairly straight forward.
Will download the tools to test with today so I do not flood you with
syntactically incorrect tables.
Cheers
-Birkir