[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Icelandic 6 and 8 dot tables.

  • From: Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:20:47 +0000

Hi

I will look into this and rework it.
By "characters" are we talking any character or just the 26 English characters.
I specified the 10 special Icelandic characters at the top of the 6-dot table,
perhaps, to Liblouis, they are symbols not actual characters, since they are
only used in the Icelandic language (or mostly anyway).
I will rework that table and try to get the test apps compiled.
I am a little unclear on the translation documentation in places, but I will
reread it.
If I discover something and feel it might be stated more clearly and that would
help other users (heck, sometimes I am just a bit slow and that might be the
cause). I can write up the point, suggested wording and send it to John, or
whoever else, for consideration.
Thanks guys, I know you are all busy, I just want to make sure there is a way
forward to get this done, it does not have to happen today or even this week.
-Birkir