[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: IRC channel

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:24:09 +1000

On 21/01/2009 9:39 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
As with svn, I need a few pointers to get a quick start with IRC.
Obviously, this is not quite as important - feel free to take your time. It is just a convenient way for those of us who want to chat in realtime to do so.
What
is the IRC program on Linux?
If you are just starting, you might like to try ircii. Personally, I use irssi, but it is somewhat more advanced and I found it needed a bit of configuration to make it screen reader friendly.

How do I initiate a chat?
If you use ircii, something like this will get you going:
irc -c '#liblouis' nickname irc.oftc.net
where nickname is a nickname you choose, no spaces. If you want to quit, type:
/quit
at the prompt.

What is a good
IRC program for Windows that works well with Jaws?
This is somewhat trickier, as there don't seem to be too many accessible IRC clients, oddly enough. Personally, I again use irssi under Cygwin.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx