[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Hyphenation, back-translation and multipass opcodes

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:27:38 +0100

I think I found the answer on my second question: I put "noback" before each "joinnum", that did the trick.

Bert

On 25/11/2010 17:12, Bert Frees wrote:
Hi folks,

Are the multipass expression taken into account when back-translating a text? I'm asking this because I'm discovering a lot of incorrect hyphenations when I'm using a table that contains a lot of multipass expressions. The hyphenation algorithm uses back-translation, so i guess if back-translation is incorrect, hyphenation could be incorrect too.

Another thing on the same topic: I included some joinnum expressions in my table in order to join currency symbols to numbers:

joinnum \x20AC 15 (€)
joinnum \x0024 145 ($)
joinnum \x00A3 1234 (£)
joinnum \x00A5 13456 (¥)

But now, if a word contains a letter from 'a' to 'j' that is followed by 'e', 'd', 'p' or 'y', the back-translation is incorrect, and thus the hyphenation of such words is messed up too. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Bert