[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: German computer Braille in NVDA

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:55:18 -0800

Hello Felix.  That's not the worst problem.  The German literary braille
translation in liblouis is really pretty lousy.  ViewPlus  has licensed
another German translation routine for its software, because we were unable
to make liblouis German work well in a reasonable time.  German braille
would seem to require thousands of exceptions.  Sure would be nice if some
German braille users would take this on as a project.

John Gardner