[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: FormFeed

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:51:21 -0500

Lars,

xml2brl and the other applications that use liblouisxml are written as
filters for just such situations. If you omit the output file name
xml2brl will send its output to stdout. (You can omit the input file
name
as well). So you could write a little program that, when it saw \r\n\f
would drop the first two of these characters and only send the \f to its
output. Then you could pipe the output of xml2brl to it.

There are other situations where an embosser driver might be needed.
Eventually there may be another library called liblouisdrv.

John

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.