[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: For the Autotools Experts

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:26:16 -0500

Christian,

The newest versions of autotools don't seem to like the configure.ac
files in liblouisxml andliblouisutdml They also complain about gnulib.
The message is something like "file st.init is from a previous version."
I'm sure I don't remember the filename correctly.

Anyway, I got liblouisutdml to build on the machine on which I am doing
Java development. I did what I'm not supposed to do. I have an older
machine on which the autotools work. So I added all the generated files
to the liblouisutdml repository and then cloned it onto the second
lmachine. Now it builds fine and I can proceed with development. There
shouldn't be a problem unless I change a Makefile.am Hopefully by that
time the autotools problems will be sorted out.