[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: File2brl

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:42:53 -0700

Here is what I need to do and why.

I need to be able to install and run the program file2brl on MacOS computers
which do not have, and never will have a development environment installed,
these are standard out of the box computers used by consumers.

I have the ability to write an installer application that will place the
required files in all the proper locations.

For example I know that the file2brl program itself goes into /usr/local/bin/
and the tables should go into /usr/local/share/liblouis/tables/ or
/usr/local/share/liblouis/

So the question is what else is needed to get file2brl to work and where in the
file structure should I have the installer place them.

Now for the reason why I want to do this. I have a number of program GUI and
MacOS services that call file2brl to do Braille translation and deliver output
either to files or back to the programs in which they were used. However to be
useful beyond my own computer I need to be able to install file2brl on a users
computer and then install my utilities. The average user does not know how to
install all the liblouis bits and further does not even have the development
tools needed to do so.

So it is I get back to my original question, what file are required to run
file2brl and where do I install those file?

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Apr 24, 2015, at 7:17 AM, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Greg,

Sorry you are having so much trouble. It is possible to copy the
binaries from one machine to another, but you must have all the file
locations and paths correct. It is difficult for others to help, because
we don't know just how your machine is set up.

John

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 07:01:23AM -0700, Greg Kearney wrote:
Am I to assume that it is not possible to have file2brl install independent
of doing a compile install.

Sent from my iPhone

Greg KearneyFor a description of the software, to download it and links to
project pages go to http://liblouis.org

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.