[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: File path encoding

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 18:41:12 +0100

While a bit contrived, still a valid path (at least on my system with a NTFS filesystem):

d:\prices£

More realistic examples might be found in non-English speaking nations where accented characters are used.

It does require the filesystem to support the file name encoding.

Michael Whapples
On 05/08/2013 15:27, John J. Boyer wrote:
Can you give an example of a file name which is not asciikj?

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 02:10:20PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
In calls such as lou_setDataPath, lbu_translateString (the
configFileList argument), etc, what encoding should be used for the file
paths?

At the moment in my liblouisutdml python bindings I am using ascii
encoding, but this will not allow certain characters in the file names.

Michael Whapples