[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Embed xml2brl (mac osx version)

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:56:51 +0000

Is it just me, I seemed to understand what was being asked (Bert if I haven't got it correct me).

I think Bert wants to create a self contained app/openoffice plugin which uses liblouisxml and doesn't rely on the user installing liblouisxml first. On windows this is fine as the windows binary is in a zip file and so need not be in a specific location (NVDA would be an example of where this is done). Now on Linux and I guess other unix type systems (including Mac may be) when you compile liblouisxml with make you are hard coding some paths. Now on debian and most Linux systems this is fine as the package for your app shouldn't include its own version as it can depend on the liblouisxml package and apt will make sure the dependency is met.

I have been lead to believe Mac doesn't have such an advanced package system and so it may require the user to manually install liblouisxml. So may be like windows, including a version in your package may be desirable.

Just my understanding.

Michael Whapples
On 02/11/2010 12:46 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Bert,

I don't understand your problem. Could you provide a little more
explanation?

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:02:04PM +0100, freesb wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to embed the xml2brl tool in my OpenOffice plugin. I've had
succes with the latest Windows binary, because this is a standalone
version. The Mac OS X version has to be installed first though, so I
don't see how I can embed it in my app. Is there a way around to achieve
this?

Bert