[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Control characters and compiling Liblouis tools under Windows

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:37:24 -0500

Birkir,

You can assign mult-cell dot patterns to single characters, but you must
define the pattern used in each cell previously. for example, using U.S.
braille, we would first have defined the letter a and the sign ~ as
single-celled characters:
uplow Aa 18,1
sign ~ 45

Then control-a would be defined as:

sign \x0001 45-1

There is already a windows binary for liblouis and liblouisxml It does
not have the latest version of liblouisxml, however. There is also a
description of how to make a Windows binary. Both are on the downloads
page at htp://www.abilitiessoft.com

Forget .dis files for your tables. Just define characcters with the dot
patterns used in your country.

John

--
My websites: