[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Compiling liblouisxml on the mac: undefined symbols

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:42:41 +0100

Hi Greg

Thanks for building liblouis(xml) on the Mac.

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 02:15 -0500, Greg Williams wrote:

> When I ran configure with the resulting configure file, it gave a
> syntax error on line 19717:
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES(BASE_DEPENDENCIES, liblouis, libxml-2.0)
> and I found that changing it to
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES liblouis, libxml-2.0
> caused the configure script to complete successfully.

Could that be a problem with the version of the autotools you are using?
As far as I know the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macros are included in the
source.

> Then I just had
> to fix the make and install scripts to use /usr/local (old habits die
> hard), and I now have it successfully installed.

I thought it was using /usr/local by default. Anyway, couldn't you just
do ./configure --prefix=/usr/local?

> PS Are you aware that the read-only directory that gets checked out is
> "liblousxml-read-only" (no "i")?

Hm, that seems odd. I checked the checkout page at the Google code site
(http://code.google.com/p/liblouisxml/source/checkout) where it says
"svn checkout http://liblouisxml.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
liblouisxml-read-only" so the "i" is there.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired