[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Compiling liblouisutdml

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:40:19 -0500

Vic,

Stop! The README.win32 file is obsolete. It will only bring you grief. I
am workikng on files to build liblouisutdml.dll using only msvc (or the
C tools in Visual Studio). Right now the library builds but it gets a
memory protection vilolation. I will have to learn the Microsoft
debugger to fix it. Note that only the library is  being built. That is
all that is needed by applications. file2brl is the command-line
interface. BrailleBlaster will provide the graphical interface.

If you really want to try something like file2brl under Windows get the
liblouisxml binary from the downloads page of
http://www.abilitiessoft.com The equivalent of file2brl is xml2brl This
is a much older version, but it should do most of what you want.

John