[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Compiling Liblouisutdml on the Mac: sent second time; libxm info included: corrected link

  • From: Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:14:04 -0700

I pull both parts each day before starting this in hopes that something is
fixed.

Greg

On Sep 15, 2015, at 3:53 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okay, I'm not getting this on the Mac at all with the latest yosemite and
xcode etc. The only thing I would suggest, since i don't know what the
problem is and didn't figure it out quite a while ago when I had it, is that
if you are doing this via git you go back into liblouis and do git pull to
make sure it is up-to-date and if it was updated go through the ./autogen
./configure, make and make install. If this completes without problem, then
up-to-date and if it was updated again do ./autogen.sh ./configure make and
make install if you get past make this time. I'll keep looking and let you
know if I find anything.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 15, 2015, at 4:25 PM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK file save libxml2 built and installed.

liblouisutdml:

autogen.sh - runs without issue
./configure --disable-java-bindings - runs without issue
make - fails with the following:

gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$ make > make-out.txt
In file included from change_table.c:34:
In file included from ./louisutdml.h:35:
./liblouisutdml.h:171:49: error: unknown type name 'logcallback'
LBUAPI void EXPORT_CALL lbu_registerLogCallback(logcallback callback);
^
./liblouisutdml.h:173:41: error: unknown type name 'logLevels'
LBUAPI void EXPORT_CALL lbu_setLogLevel(logLevels level);
^
In file included from change_table.c:34:
./louisutdml.h:429:21: error: unknown type name 'logLevels'
void logWidecharBuf(logLevels level, const char *msg, const widechar *wb...
^
change_table.c:49:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'logMessage'
is
invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
logMessage (LOG_ERROR, "Table %s cannot be found", newTable);
^
change_table.c:49:19: error: use of undeclared identifier 'LOG_ERROR'
logMessage (LOG_ERROR, "Table %s cannot be found", newTable);
^
1 warning and 4 errors generated.
make[2]: *** [liblouisutdml_la-change_table.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

output from make is included below:

<make-out.txt>

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:32 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh nuts! Voiceover must have been on the link above when I did vo-shift-m
to copy the link. Obviously I didn't read the link that was pasted before
sending! That still probably would work but here's the latest. Anybody
interested might want to save this email too because it is correcting an
error in the other email.
libxml2-2.9.2.tar.gz

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 15, 2015, at 3:20 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is the whole email again. In the appropriate place I have actually
pasted the exact link to the exact file. Please note that i specifically
stated that I had had to install this! You might want to consider the
pkg-config package I mention also; I can pretty much be sure that if you
do that and it is also installed in /usr/local your libxml should be found
with all its include files.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Compiling Liblouisutdml on the Mac
Date: September 8, 2015 at 8:31:17 PM CDT
To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay, i am an admin too but I have always run using sudo in /usr/local
and definitely have to do that when I install. Part of that may be that I
have created an src directory in /usr/local but even though you are an
admin, you might be able to compile without sudo but not install unless
it's in your own home directory or unless you are set up differently than
the default.
At any rate I deleted my git folder of liblouisutdml and reran git clone
so I would have a fresh tree from which to give you my results. Here is
what I get when I run "sudo ./autogen.sh". It didn't give me errors but
admittedly it's not the silent opperation that I get when I run ./autogen
in brltty. After this output I went on and successfully ran ./configure,
make and make install, all of which in my case was done with sudo and the
installation was completed successfully. Of course it's only necessary to
run ./autogen.sh when you have updated with git pull and there have been
updates. Also just to be thorough, I should tell you that I installed the
following packages myself since I am not running homebrew or macports;
ordinarily most of this would not be necessary if I was running one of
those:

From ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu
autoconf-latest
automake-1.15
libtool-2.4
(I could have gotten autogen too but I think I may have already had it
and these others are also in Macports and homebrew)
from http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/releases/
pkg-config-0.28

And finally, the one that solved my libxml problem with liblouisutdml
which actually was my main problem (hmm, i should go back and see if that
would have solved my problem with releases earlier than 2.6.0 or not)
from http://xmlsoft.org/sources/

libxml2-2.9.2
Here is the exact link:
libxml2-2.9.2-rc1.tar.gz

* went down further in that directory instead of grabbing it from the top
and got that specific tar.gz file).
This may sound like a lot of compiling but that is mainly because I chose
not to have macports or homebrew; while I had libxml2 on my Mac I didn't
seem to have one that was recognized unless I installed in my home
directory until I installed this; I have no idea why.
i did all my installs from /usr/local and actually worked from
/usr/local/src

./autogen.sh output from latest git of liblouisutdml om Yosemite (latest
version - the output does differ on different runs)

Cleaning autotools files...
find: illegal option -- t
usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f path] path ... [expression]
find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] -f path [path ...] [expression]
find: illegal option -- t
usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f path] path ... [expression]
find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] -f path [path ...] [expression]
Running autoreconf...
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build-aux'.
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:29: installing 'build-aux/compile'
configure.ac:33: installing 'build-aux/config.guess'
configure.ac:33: installing 'build-aux/config.sub'
configure.ac:10: installing 'build-aux/install-sh'
configure.ac:10: installing 'build-aux/missing'
Makefile.am: installing './INSTALL'
doc/Makefile.am:16: installing 'build-aux/mdate-sh'
doc/Makefile.am:16: installing 'build-aux/texinfo.tex'
gnulib/Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
liblouisutdml/Makefile.am:61: warning: source file
'../java/Jliblouisutdml.c' is in a subdirectory,
liblouisutdml/Makefile.am:61: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the
'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled. For now, the
corresponding output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.
However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they
will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same
subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option
throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
parallel-tests: installing 'build-aux/test-driver'

--

project pages go to http://liblouis.org