[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Compiling Liblouisutdml on the Mac: sent second time; libxm info included: corrected link

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:18:37 -0500

I don't know where the pkg-config you are using is located but try the one I
sent you the link for. I had assumed you were using the github versions of both
liblouis and liblouisutdml.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 16, 2015, at 9:58 AM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK I uninstalled teh home brew version, downloaded and installed the github
liblouis version run the following again this time it can not find any
version of liblouis.

gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$ pkg-config --libs --cflags liblouis
Package liblouis was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `liblouis.pc'
No package 'liblouis' found

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 16, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, I know what this means. You have it somewhere in homebrew or homebrew
thinks you are looking there. You are going to need to get rid of that or do
something so things aren't being looked for in that path.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:15 AM, Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/15/2015 11:25 PM, Gregory Kearney wrote:
OK file save libxml2 built and installed.

OK, you've got one down. Now to the other problem:

./liblouisutdml.h:171:49: error: unknown type name 'logcallback'

Somehow you are linking against a very old liblouis which doesn't have the
logging.

/bin/sh ../libtool [...]
-I/usr/local/Cellar/liblouis/2.5.2/include/liblouis
-I/usr/local/include/libxml2

For some reason it is looking for the liblouis header files in
/usr/local/Cellar/liblouis/2.5.2/include/liblouis.

What is the output of `pkg-config --libs --cflags liblouis`?

project pages go to http://liblouis.org