[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Capital/Emphasis update

  • From: Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:12:16 +0000

Hi Bert,
Don't worry about the decpoint as my braille expert says UEB has just one code for the fullstop/decimal point! For SEB it seems to work for us using midnum instead of decpoint.
Can't wait to get my hands on the latest UEB tables!
Cheers
Paul

On 24/02/2015 11:32, Bert Frees wrote:
Hi Paul,

Yes it would be useful to know what the problem with decpoint was and if it is
still broken. A test would be great, thanks!

I don't really know the behaviour of the hyphen opcode, will have to look into
that. But anyway, defining multiple characters as hyphen is indeed something to
consider.

Thanks,
Bert

Paul Wood writes:

I've been trying to follow this thread with great interest. The UK is
due to implement UEB in April and as we use liblouis for nearly all our
transcription now we are dependant on it for the UEB implementation, but
I also think it is raising issues that already exist for us. Anyway in
the en-gb-g1 tables I found a reference to decpoint which is interesting:
#decpoint . 2 # removed to sort out translations such as p.11
So maybe that has been fixed? I will try and find time to test it.
Also it raised in my mind the issue we have with forward slash which I
think should be treated like the hyphen, but the definition of the
hyphen says only one character can be assigned to it. This is for
usecases where it is used as 'or' i.e. it joins to words together, but
the words should be treated as 'words' for the purposes of translation.
e.g. input/output

Paulw.torchtrust signature

Paul Wood, Chief Technical Officer
*Torch Trust*
Torch House, Torch Way,
Market Harborough, Leics. LE16 9HL, UK
Direct Line: *+44(0)1858 438269*
Tel: *+44(0)1858 438260*, Fax: *+44(0)1858 438275*
Email: paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Website: www.torchtrust.org <http://www.torchtrust.org/>

Chief Executive: Dr Gordon Temple
Charity No. 1095904

If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The computer from which
this mail originates is equipped with virus screening software.
However Torch Trust cannot guarantee that the mail and its attachments
are free from virus infection.