[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Building for inclusion of the libraries in applications

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:41:26 -0500

The libraries are intended for inclusion in aplications. The build
procedure should take account of this fact. It should not have to be
done piecemeal by each application. In this respect Windows has an
advantage over Linux and the Mac. The locations of dependencies are not
hard-coded in dll's.

We need more opinionns on this. The changes would simply cause libraries
and tools to look for their dependencies in the same directory in which
they themselves reside. How would this complicate the lives of
packagers?

John