[liblouis-liblouisxml] Building for inclusion of the libraries in applications

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 01:42:36 -0500

As things are now we have to have separate build scripts for
applications like the Daisy Pipeline and BrailleBlaster, because the
standard build script causes liblouisutdml.so to look in /usr/local/lib
for liblouis.so . If the application is run on a different machine than
that on which the libraries were compiled liblouis.so will not be in
/usr/local/lib and the application will crash. Bert has sent me a
modified Makefile.am for liblouis . similar modifications will be needed
for liblouisutdml and for the tools. I think these modififications
should be made in the new release of liblouis . I'll try to fix
liblouisutdml, though I am no expert in gnu autotools.