[liblouis-liblouisxml] Back translation and braille-patterns.cti

  • From: plundblad@xxxxxxxxxx (Peter Lundblad)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:11:26 -0800

Hi,

I am using liblouis for translation in BrailleBack. (*) both for
forward and backtranslation.  Todya, I was testing the de-de-comp8.ctb
table for user input.  It looked great on the braille
display, but the characters that were actually backtranslated to
were the unicode braille patterns.  The reason for this (ammusing) behaviour
is that de-de-comp8.ctb includes braille-patterns, which it has
done since subversion revision 775.  It can be fixed by moving the include to
the bottom of the file (I assume the other directives take precedence then).

Grepping through the tables, a few other files also include the
braille-patterns.cti
file in various locations in the files.  I'd suspect that back
translation is more or less broken in those files as well (assuming the intent
is not to get the braille pattern unicode characters back).

Question: is the proper solution to move the include directive to the
bottom of the table files or is there a cleaner solution?
Is there a reason to not always do this?

Thanks,
//Peter

*) For those who wonder, brailleback is the Google android app that
provides braille display support on recent versions of the android platform.