[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: About the update of lou_translate

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:24:35 +0100

Hi John,

echo "\x280d\x280e" | ./lou_translate ../tables/letterDefTest.ctb
does give me \x280e\x280d

but actually writing the characters as input seems not to produce the desired
output.
echo "⠍⠎" | ./lou_translate ../tables/letterDefTest.ctb

You can enter unicode values in linux as follows:
shift+ctrl+u, <hexcodeOfChar>, <space>

I am not moving the goalpost, just trying to flush out the bug.
Because when we write \x280d\x280e and liblouis changes them to unicode chars
then everything seems to be ok, but when we get the actual data itself, then
something odd is still happening.

If i understood the purpose of lou_translate, then
echo "⠍⠍" | ./lou_translate ../tables/letterDefTest.ctb
should be the same as the call from python, which still has the reported issue.

One posative way of looking at it is that we are finding and squashing several
bugs :)

Thanks.
Mesar