[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: A new liblouis?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 08:49:12 -0500

Christian,

You have some good points. I've been trying to get people to acknowledge
that having liblouis in C makes it suitable for vastly more situations
than having it in Python or Java or whatever.

Starting from scratch would certainly be an enormous amount of work. If
we wanted to move away from the LGPL we would probably have to start
from schratc. That is probably impractical.

John