[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: A New LibLouis

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:12:39 -0500

Keith,

I agree that this is a very bad time to start talking about a massive
overhaul or even starting over. It is distracting me from fixing the
bugs in emphasis and Nemeth translation.

It is not true that everyone shudders at digging into the liblouis and
liblouisutdml code. Several programmers besides myself have made
significant contributions.

I think that a lot more thought needs to be given to the needs of the
various stakeholders and to the algorithms that will achieve those goals
before we even consider changing programming languages.

John