lg-it Re: Managing AutoCAD Updates

  • From: "Elwyn Williams" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("Elwyn.Williams")
  • To: "lg-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lg-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 23:50:34 +0000

We have about 60 AutoCAD users, of two different bundles.

We don’t allow them to manage updates. So annually we’ll download the installs from manage.autodesk.com for the products they’re licenced.

I created two collections in SCCM that match the two different licence bundles in Autodesk –

Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection

And

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection.

The different installs for each Autocad product are assigned to the collections in SCCM as they apply

Eg. AutoCAD Vehicle Tracking is only in the Architecture Engineering & Constuction collection in SCCM so only goes to those users licenced for it.

Elwyn Williams
Senior Technology Analyst
Service Desk
Central Coast Council
PO Box 20 Wyong, NSW 2259
t: 02 4325 8888
m: 0403 188 373
e: Elwyn.Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Keep up to date with Council activities and have your say at frasercoast.qld.gov.au

Disclaimer: If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and do not make any use of it. Council does not waive any privilege, confidentiality or copyright associated with this email or any attachments.

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image