[lektrik_flyers] Re: flying Sunday 10-29

  • From: "John Gray" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:55:23 -0600

Hi Guys,

I ended up flying at LAFFS.  I got some good flights late, as the wind dropped
at that time (both Saturday and Sunday).

I flew Ross's new Sammy 3D and got it trimmed.  It is ready for Ross and I
think he will like it.  It was very stable and has the
ability for alot of Ross type moves.  The Welgard motor turned out well too
($21.95).  I will need to set it up for more power by
changing to a high discharge battery when Ross is ready for a power boost.
Knowing him that will not be long.

I flew a new plane I have been working on for a while.  It is a Seagull Edge
540 with an OS 91 two stroke.  As always with first
flights, I was nervious (part of the fun).  I managed to get it trimmed out and
a good landing.  The plane was very stable and
would slow down for a not too hot landing.  I was impressed for its first
flight.

I have repaired Ross's Eagle, two servos locked up on it.  I am building a
Slinger with a brushless motor now.  My Wild Cat is
repaired as well so it is ready to go. So Ross and I will be ready for our next
Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Wooster
International.  Lets watch the weather and see when we can fly again.

Have fun,

John G