[lektrik_flyers] Re: flying Saturday

  • From: Doc Fowler <tray_fowler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 21:28:05 -0500

Lynn ward (sp?) I believe is president. Ken is the ama contact. Btw..... great
weekend of flying. 2 sessions yesterday and a great turnout tonight.  Hope to
see yall next weekend.

From: Joel Dean <deanjk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/08/2013 12:05 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I won't be able to come out today, but was wondering what the costs and
requirements were for flying at Beaverfork.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Bill Beavers <bill.beavers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Boy it heated up faster today than I thought it would, but I ended up staying
until about 2pm so I guess it wasn't that bad.  It was great to see everybody
today.  John got his usual high (literally) today on the Gentle Lady, Chris
3D'd all over the place then he and I had a crashing contest (I guess I won)
him dinging up his new Cub and me taking the nose off the Apprentice (AGAIN)!
But it is all good and repairable, so really good day.

Goose got to blame everybody and everything on his way to learning to master
the real world of his slow stick instead of the simulator faux fly sense of
security he gets from what Chris terms the "red button" world of flying.  But
if his Papa can keep repairing and he keeps trying, I am sure he will get it.
I see better flights every time he tries.  Stick time will fix all that.

Don Hood joined us and did some 3d and good o' flying and Ken Boling had some
3d  and bipe action going on.  Toward the end of the morning after just about
everybody but John, Goose and I had left, Tray and his son came out and we got
to see some of his very nice skill in 3d and in heli flight.  I hope to learn
some heli tips from him.  Might have to dig out my 450 heli and dust of that
Trex 500 that has been on my shelf and only touched by Kenny Wood <grin>.

Tray and I talked for a good while and I think all of us are just really
wanting to keep the enthusiasm in the sport and help each other grow where we
want to in the hobby.  Right now my growth involves more glue, but I am sure I
can keep the weight down.  I did get the Eagle to fly today and almost have the
CG figured out, but now it needs a nose job too, but nothing a dab of glue
won't fix.

Anyway I'll put some videos up as soon as I can, and more importantly than
anything, it was just great to get to hang with all you guys today.   I think
some are going to fly some tomorrow evening at Beaverfork.  If I can get a few
batteries recharged, I might run down there and fly with you guys.

See you in the air.

--

Bill Beavers
Lektrik Flyers Website