[lektrik_flyers] Re: NOTAM

  • From: Bill Beavers <bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry you couldn't make it Joe.  We had some really
good air, and a pretty good turnout of guys and got to
see a lot of the cool new toys everybody is flying.
My mainstay hopped up Stryker did great and I had fun
with trying to get the P51 to fly but it had a mind of
its own so I still have work to do on it, and the Mad
Dog just can't seem to hold on to its wheels plus it
is tail heavy.  So that is my story and I'm sticking
to it.

It was good to have a new flyer with us Hebert Stites
from Mountain View and his son Issac.  Herbert is
flying a F-27 Stryker too in stock form right now and
have a very good handle on it, but I think he is
looking to "kick it up a notch". ;-)  I look forward
to seeing his hop up.

John Gray flew several planes some being the zippy
wing or something like that (similar to a slinger),
and a couple others I don't remember the names of, but
looked nice in the air.  Ross put on his usual fun
show for us also sporting several planes but his
favorite the Eagle started giving him trouble so he
had to move on to some of the others like the Cap 32 I
belive it was.  He had a new Sammy ready to maiden but
it developed a control horn problem before takeoff so
had to be shelved until another time.  I look forward
to seeing this bird fly.

I liked the Tiny-x that David Reid was flying.  That
little plane looked like it could do anything it
wanted on even as small a powerplant as it had.  Zach
is wanting some stick time so David had better take
heed, or Zach will be test driving while David isn't
looking! ;-)  I think Zach is ready for a Slow Stik.
I guess if David isn't going to take care of that,
I'll have to! ;-)

John Cooper had the GWS Funny Park looking pretty good
and his always favorite Slow stick was doing quite
well also.

It was just nice to see everybody and watch everybody
have a good time.  We might try to fly next Sunday PM
at Wooster, but in case that doesn't work out,
remember that there is going to be an open Funfly at
Marshall Airport next Saturday if anyone wants to
attend.  John Gray might want to provide more details
on time, etc.   Hopefully there will be good air that
day.  I think most of the planes that day will be
glow, but electrics are welcome too.

See you all at the field.

--- "Lamb, Joe" <joe.lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wish I could make it... working on a big grocery tax
> story. Should be a real eye-opener (if you're really
> curious about the grocery tax), so don't forget to
> pick up a paper.

  Bill Beavers
Lektrik_Flyer
  http://users.tcworks.net/~bbeavers/

  Have others friends join lektrik_flyers listserv by looking it up at
//freelists.org or email me their email address and I'll add it for them.

by a fellow member.  If you no longer wish to be a member of this listserv,