Today is the day that Leiningen 2.8.1 has been released. Several good
bugfixes are in this release:
* Fix a bug where `lein` installed from package managers would obscure exit
code. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Fix a bug where `lein help` couldn't list built-in tasks on Java 9. (Phil
* Fix an errant reflection warning on Java 9. (Toby Crawley)
* Fix an error when no `:plugins` are specified. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Fix a bug where launching project subprocesses would encounter unreadable
forms. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Remove auto-setting of cgroups memory limit. (Florian Anderiasch)
The first of these is the most important. If you installed manually it
doesn't affect you, but for those installing thru a package manager or
via the "official" Docker images, the script provided to packagers
for 2.8.0 did not contain an important fix, and as a result the exit
code from Leiningen would not be reliable unless trampolining is
used. The 2.8.1 update is going out to Docker Hub right now, so you
are encouraged to update as soon as you can.
Most of the other fixes revolve around compatibility with Java 9. In
particular we removed support for automatically setting the heap
limits when running containerized because the JVM refuses to run on
systems where that flag is unrecognized, and there were too many edge
cases around determining when it was appropriate.
For those who manually installed, `lein upgrade 2.8.1` will pull in
this version. If you run into any trouble, you probably want to go
back to `lein downgrade 2.7.1` instead of 2.8.0.
Thanks to all the contributors who made this happen!
 - Docker refers to the images at https://hub.docker.com/_/clojure/
as "official" images, but they are not associated with the
Clojure project or the Leiningen project. We do work with the
maintainers but don't control the content of the repositories.
 - See https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/issues/2342
Description: PGP signature