[LRFlex] Re: wbill

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 07:51:23 -0800

Bill wrote:

wbill is for "wild bill"

Welcome to the group!

Anyway on to cameras, I shoot mostly M's but I do have and use a old Alpa 10 D with a couple of old 1 cam flex lenses (not chrome) And I keep telling myself I want a R8/9.

Oh... and you do! Best camera I've ever owned!

I just came back from last weekend at the Leica Historical meeting in Williamsburg VA and got a little time to handle the R digital back on a R9. It seems to make the camera just about the same size as the R9 and motor. Display lcd was very sharp, but what I liked about the camera is that since it takes both film and digital they use etched lines on the focusing screen to show the digital area. If I remember the lens factor is 1.37 so like a M camera you get to see a little of your subject before it comes into the image area.

How was it to hold, Bill? I've heard that the back bits stick out enough that it's hard to get the finder to the eye. How was your experience that way?

We'd hoped to have a digi-back prototype at the Spring Shoot, but it didn't work out. :( And, like many, I'm thinking of springing for one, so do tell us all!

Thanks.

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm