[LRflex] was: No Bull! Now, Micro Switches

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:01:30 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

>> As for the tripod, you are, of course, right. But I think the shoulder stock of the 400 Telyt and a monopod might have been a great help.<<<<

The shoulder brace and pistol grip wired to the motor is a God send shooting this type of action. I'm looking at getting a Canon cord adapted from the 20D to fit the Leica micro switch. Then look out! J

ted

Hi Ted!

Been there, done that.

See:  http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/getting_a_grip.htm

Curiously, I found that with the R8, the micro switch on the grip was a "must". With the 30D (as with your 20D) I am finding that holding the lens barrel in the left hand, the camera body in the right while depending on the monopod to support the whole rig, is actually more satisfactory than using the pistol grip micro switch! Results seem to be more stable.... but, perhaps it's just me.

BTW: In good light, the focus confirmation adapters work quite well with the Telyt's .... not so if the 2x is added!