[LRflex] Re: walk around lens R3 (was: Anyone using Angenieux)

  • From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:29:53 -0600 (CST)

Axel,   I have just two thoughts to offer:  first, the 35-70/3.5 is
an average lens, in other words, very inferior to the 35-70/4.
Second, the 35-70/4 has a feature that I find absolutely fascinating,
the lenshood.  When you zoom, the depth of the lenshood changes to
shorter for the short end of the zoom and longer for the long end of
the zoom, always giving you the most efficient lenshood for the focal
length you are using.  Worth the price of admission in itself.   Robert