[LRflex] Re: tikwa with Fuji X100

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 00:03:47 -0400

On Jun 1, 2011, at 11:24 PM, <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> why pay $7000.00 for a Leica

From what I read on the 'net today it's so Leica the Company can ring up record
sales and pay a dividend to its shareholders for a nice change of pace. :-)

For a less obtuse answer I'd say a better question might be "Why Not?"
Okay - that isn't much less obtuse.

However, it is a pretty good question to consider in the greater scheme of
things.
A) The Red Dot Co. Isn't robbing banks or ripping off their family and friends
a'la Bernie Madoff.
B) If someone has 7k available to put in Leica's Hands in Exchange for a pretty
little M9, the M body will certainly prove more durable and long lasting than a
trip to Vegas.
C) Heck some buyers might have a reasonable need for the biting detail and
sharpness you can get with one of them.

Peace Everyone