[LRflex] the new Leicas, Dog's bollocks ...

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:52:08 +0200

Walter. Thanks for sharing this out, I start to see better what the product can
offer. And it does match the market, good job from the Marketing Team! Still,
the extrnal viewfinder on a thin heavy for manipulating a 80-200mm heavy zoom?
It's not an integrated solution. But Leica clings to the M system, they are
right, the S system offers a superb SLR. The R system is not competitive and
this set up, M with an external finder + adapter + peaking focus _is_ the right
solution, on par with the GX1 of PEN, but more expensive, as Leica is, always.
Let me show my dog shaking his head about the new system :
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1000906_dev.jpgBut he is a "tad poch" as a
dog!(Digilux3 + Oly 11mm + HDR + contrast !) ME : It's a camera to discover too
at the Paris Fair. The peaking focus designed as a red line imprinted over the
object in focus is much better than what I had thought. Not too sure it is easy
to focus on a say, Red MG classic car; hmmmm!
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France