[LRflex] the infamous triangle - Vanishing D-varios, News :)

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:00:16 +0200

Phil, all

Just phoned to Maison du Leica, the manager said: "they shipped it yesterday".

After the surprise such a sentence provoked, I just asked
- nice, you managed to find where the lens was, then
He quickly replied, lowering his voice a little:
- nope, still lost but the factory decided to ship you a new one, wait for our
signal

And he added:
- in the past 12 years, this is the first time such issue was resolved that
quickly.

Well, I'm now going to pay a tribute to Ganesh, my favorite Hindu god this
year, "the remover of Obstacles" as the deity is also called.

I hope that exposing my trouble to this community had not been the reason for
such a favour. If it had been, thank you Mister or Missiz Leica :)

Ahhhhh, Happy Bunny, I am :)---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 12:13:23 +0200From: philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxxx:
leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LRflex] Re: Osaka Paris Wetzla the infamous
triangle - Vanishing D-varios
Vanishing DVarios breed fast .Same happened to me - mine was last located in
Barcelona where Pana supposedly have their workshops, or dumps (DK)If you
insist, just a little, after these 6 long weeks, you might be lucky as I was,
and get a replacement for free (I got both body and lens on that
instance)Keeping my fingers crossed for you.phxBille Xavier F. wrote:

Hello to all. A while ago, I mentionned that the lens of the Digilux 3 went
bact under warranty for a mechanical default on the zoom ring. Apparently it's
a common disease, a design flaw :( Whatever, Leica gives a warranty of over 2
years. But now, let's come to the "funniest" part of my story: the reputed
Maison du Leica of Paris has sent the lens back to Germany but the parcel never
arrived to the factory. They are still trying to locate it, after 6 weeks. The
manager of the shop was mysteriously shy when he explained the situation. Not
his common attitude, I dare say. Let's give here a modern translation of the
Archimed principle: wich ever lens immersed at the Leica factory that does not
pop back after some weeks, can be considered as ... lost for
ever?????(Oscar...) Tabarnak as they say in Quebec :(
---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.