[LRflex] Re: strap, no strap

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:34:58 -0700

On Sep 11, 2008, at 11:29 AM, David Young wrote:

At 11/09/2008, you wrote:

I use domke f2 and sometimes it gets quite busy in there. Once a strap
pulled another lens out of my bag together with my camera. In another
accasion when I took my camera off of the tripod, the strap cought the tripod head and pulled the camera out of my hand. I'm pretty clumsy as
well. I might get rid of the straps.

Hi Miha!

When I had my R3 (w/winder & strap) I used it both ways. When out, doing many things, I'd use the strap and sling the camera over my shoulder. OTOH, when out doing nothing but picture taking (ie: early morning walks in Mexico, etc.) I'd use the winder's strap, without a neck strap. Found it very convenient, but heavy in the hand, after an hour or so.

As Doug said ... a very personal thing!

hi Miha,

here's a thought...

shoot 3 rolls with the strap, then 3 rolls without the strap, then repeat ...

you will know pretty fast which way you prefer,

Steve