[LRFlex] Re: stacked extenders

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:00:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Gary Pinkerton <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  since the 1.4 goes between [appropriate] lens and the 2X, you can use
> SL's, if you have the SL 2x extender. The non-APO SL extender may not be
> everone's cup of optical tea, but for me it's fine on occasion.

Or you can get the 2x APO's camera-side flange modified to fit the SL.  The 2x
I'm using is a loaner so I haven't messed with it but my 1.4x APO now has a
Leicaflex-compatible flange on the camera side.  Requires stop-down metering on
the SL and SL2 otherwise it works perfectly.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm