[LRflex] Re: source for round spirit level replacement

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:22:53 -0800

At 09:52 AM 05/12/2010, you wrote:
>I have an older bogen leveling head with a dry, circular spirit level
>(same with my gitzo tele studex.
>Bogen seems uninterested in responding to my inquiries re: replacement.
>
>Does anyone know of a source for these little items?
>On line searches only bring up foreign mfg's with 5000 piece minimum orders.

Hi George!

If the spirit level is small, you can try one of these, found on "the bay":

http://tinyurl.com/2dn9oyb

I've purchased several of them, from this vendor. The level is good
quality and mounted in a rubber "shell", which fits the hot
shoe.   You can easily pop the level out and glue it somewhere else,
if so desired.

At $1.99 including shipping (no tax!), if it doesn't work, there's
not a lot of money lost.

Cheers!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada