[LRflex] Re: slide scanner advice requested

  • From: Rob MacLellan <robert.maclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:22:28 -0400

The 5000 is faster but also allows multi-scanning out of the box with the
Nikon software and for scanning slides also can take a bulk slide feeder.
I¹d say it was worth the money if you have any volume of scanning to do.

I just sold mine and found that with the stock software (which can be a bit
temperamental) did a better job with some films than Silverfast and vice
versa. As an example, Nikon Scan it did an INCREDIBLE job with Kodak Portra
160/400 NC where Silverfast did a horrible job. On other films or slide
stocks, the reverse was true.

Download the trial version of SF and try it on your normal stock before
buying. Vuescan left me unimpressed.