[LRflex] Re: slide scanner advice - Clarification.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:53:48 -0800

A few moments ago, I wrote:

Some 16 months ago, I had the opportunity to use a prototype M8, prior to it's release. When I went to the LHSA meet, in Wetzlar, shortly after that, I took prints made with Canon digi, the M8, Leica's DMR, and this old Agfa scan - all as 8x12" prints (larger ones would not fit in my suitcase). I would present them, asking folks to identify which came from what. Most people selected the scan as being the M8 shot, as it was visibly better than the others!

To be specific, when I said "visibly better" I should have said "visibly more detailed".

Mea culpa!