[LRflex] Re: returning to 35mm

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 05:12:05 -0800

On Dec 14, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Charlie Falke wrote:

> I've resisted zooms up to now.

I also resisted zooms for a very long time; tried a few and either
didn't like the results or they just plain ol' rubbed me the wrong way
somehow.  The 80-200 f/4 (the current model) is the first one I've
really liked.  It's not perfect (some light fall-off @ full aperture
and more barrel & pincussion distortion than you'd get in a prime lens)
but it's darned good.  I have no hesitation using it at full aperture,
no worries about weird bokeh effects or wimpy color or flare.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com