[LRflex] Re: returning to 35mm

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:58:38 -0800

Ed:

The 70-210 is nice, but for the money, I think you'll find the 80-200 =20=

to be a sleeper, especially for the money.  Several members use it =20
regularly for film and with the DMR on their R8 or R9.

I shot a test roll of Kodachrome 100 with it and the 70-180 APO when =20
buying my 70-180 and I have to say it gave the much more expensive =20
70-180 a run for the money.  The results on the slides were really =20
excellent with the 80-200.

Bob in Seattle

On Dec 12, 2006, at 18:04, Ed Bougas wrote:

I have recently decided to return to using my Leica R4sp from the fast
(almost with the exception of shutter lag) and never take a bad shot =20
due to
the instant delete button digital camera world.  I had gotten lazy but =20=

after
a trip to the Galapagos and many missed shots due to the shutter lag =20
issue
I've dusted off my R4.  I am considering either a used  70-210mm f4 or
80-200mm f4.5 zoom lense and would appreicate insight regarding these =20=

lenses
as well as where to purchase used equipment.  I used to rely on Ken =20
Hansen
Photo but it apprears he is no longer in NYC.

Regards,

Ed

----
WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes =96 enter the Microsoft Office Live
Sweepstakes[1]

--- Links ---
    1 http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2734??PS=3D47575