[LRflex] quoting AND top-posting

  • From: Colin Howarth <colin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:15:45 +0200

OK, I see my previous post about quoting has been ignored. You can
imagine how irate I get when you don't do what I tell you to! Hah!
Now suffer the consequences...
;-)

[ BTW, Nice post about the rant Bob. ]

Here's an example combining TWO (or three or four) evils:

> From: "Robert O. SHAW" <rj5s@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LRflex] Re: Latest R9 Designation?
> Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:03:11 -0700
>
> Jerry:
>
> I sent my R8 in late last year for a CLA and DMR Certification.
> Took about
> 10 days.  Came back from New Jersey as new in a sealed Leica
> plastic bag.
> No DMR but it works flawlessly and is ready for the DMR some day.
>
> Bob in Seattle.
>

>> From: mehrdad <msadat@xxxxxxxxx>
>> To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [LRflex] Re: Latest R9 Designation?
>> Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 20:55:09 -0700
>>
>> are u planning to buy a new or used DMR? if new, i think leica will
>> make any adjustmensts free with R8 if needed (chk with leica NJ)!!
>> the
>> R8's are now very good deal on ebay
>>
>> On 5/1/06, Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Mehrdad,
>>>
>>> That is what I want to know.  I assumed that it had to do with
>>> the compatibility with a DMR.  I was assured by others that
>>> even the R8 would work perfectly with the DMR They had
>>> the caveat that some of the early R8s would have to get a
>>> minor update.
>>>
>>> Jerry

>>>     http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm
>>> Archives are at:
>>>     //www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/
>>>

>> --

> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
> it's FREE!

How about this instead:

> From: "Robert O. SHAW" <rj5s@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LRflex] Re: Latest R9 Designation?
> Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:03:11 -0700

>>> Mehrdad,
>>>
>>> That is what I want to know.  I assumed that it had to do with
>>> the compatibility with a DMR.  I was assured by others that
>>> even the R8 would work perfectly with the DMR They had
>>> the caveat that some of the early R8s would have to get a
>>> minor update.
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>
>> are u planning to buy a new or used DMR? if new, i think leica will
>> make any adjustmensts free with R8 if needed (chk with leica NJ)!!
>> the
>> R8's are now very good deal on ebay
>>

> Jerry:
>
> I sent my R8 in late last year for a CLA and DMR Certification.
> Took about
> 10 days.  Came back from New Jersey as new in a sealed Leica
> plastic bag.
> No DMR but it works flawlessly and is ready for the DMR some day.
>
> Bob in Seattle.

OK, one can argue about putting the posts in chronological order
(people argue about this a lot :-) But I maintain that in any case,
that the following is unnecessary:

>>>     http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm
>>> Archives are at:
>>>     //www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/
>>>

>> --

I suppose this is way off topic, but I get the digest form and have
to wade through paaages and paaages of repeated junk (I'm not
referring to the posts themselves here, of course :-)

It makes it difficult to find the actual posts.

Thanks,

colin