[LRflex] Re: photographs

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: LUG Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LRF reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:20:50 -0700

On Mar 23, 2009, at 5:39 AM, charles rabaa wrote:

Steve

Let me introduce myself as Peter Rabaa from Brisbane Australia. I am a R5 (1990 vintage) user, which has served me well on 2 major trips to Europe and the UK.

Love your Labrador pictures. We also had had a yellow lab for 14 years, so much fun as our children grew up.

Also interesting is your recent early morning light picture , with an Australian native "bottle brush " tree in the foreground.

I also have a point and shoot Panasonic xxx with a branded Leica lens, for the price the pictures are quite good.

I fear in the not to distant future, only in mass produced cameras, will Leica branding be seen. Because of currency exchange rates Australian, full genuine Leica quality products are rarely seen because prices are horrendous and there are now even fewer retail outlets.

Newer cameras which must move to the digital format will almost guarantee the demise of the historical and iconic product because of the price. As a result of the price asked , fewer and fewer clients will be able to purchase the product.

At least that is what i see happening in the retail and amateur market, in many parts of the world. Hope that I am totally wrong.

Sadly,you do not seem to have many contributors from Australia

keep up your quality photography with LEICA

regards

Peter Rabaa

thanks so much for writing Peter...good to hear from you, I'm glad you like the shots of Tikwa, (there will be a book out soon)

we do have a number of Aussies in several of the Leica Fora...

I wonder if you are a member...  ?

I will take the liberty to send this note to Geoff Hopkinson from Australia, and invite you to join the LUG and the Leica Reflex Group...if you are not already a member...

thanks so much again,

Steve

Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox